Invoice with SMart
If you do not have a company (enskild firma) or association (förening) you can invoice with SMart. Our invoicing tool works just as well for individuals as for groups
SMart takes 6.5% of the invoiced amount. It includes a free 30 min personal advice session.
It doesn’t cost anything to create a SMart account. The fee is charged when you invoice with us.
Invoice with SMart, how do you do?
1. Register with SMart. When you register, you also get a supervisor that you can contact for questions and advice
2. Inform SMart of the work that are doing. Then you are insured under your assignment. We need to know the client, location, time period and if you have costs (travel, material, etc.). Contact your supervisor, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 122 006 80.
3. First invoice?
-Log onto your SMart page
-Create a new Client.
Then you create the invoice.
– Your supervisor accepts that the invoice looks correct before it is sent to the client.
NOTE: As a production house, SMart adds 25% VAT to most invoices, with a few exceptions. Learn more about what VAT rules apply here
4. Costs in your assignment or in your work. As an employee of SMart Production house, you can deduct costs for your assignments and projects. Read more here
5. Contract. SMart signs contract with both you as an employee and with the client. We have contract templates for all types of assignments and projects. Contact your advisor for more information.
Whether your assignment or your project is small or large, you are always employed by SMart Production house. That means that SMart pays tax and social security contributions for you and that you are insured when you work. You can also set aside a retirement pension with SMart. Want to know more about your employment at SMart Production house and how it affects unemployment benefits, employment certificates and pensions? read more here
Your adviser will support you in the use of SMart tools and answers questions about pricing, taxes, unemployment benefit, copyright and more. All SMart advisers have good knowledge of how the cultural industries work. If something is unchecked we will look for the answer in our network. Tutorials are included at no extra charge.
Of course, you control how much contact you want with us during your activities. We are available by phone, mail, Skype and to visit at the office in Stockholm.
If you already have questions, please contact us before registering.
In your SMart account, you can handle invoices and other revenue and expenses associated with an assignment or project. The concept is simple. The SMart account can be filled up and emptied according to your or your project needs. You control when it’s time to invoice, pay a salary or get a replacement.
Examples of revenue are fees on invoice, public funding and royalties.
Examples of costs include salaries, consultancy fees, production costs, travel expenses and pensions.
If you have many assignments or earn more income, you can plan your salary over several months.
Each time an activity occurs on your SMart account, your SMart account statement is updated. On the SMart account statement, all revenues and expenses are listed in chronological order. This makes the financial management of your projects transparent.
Group or partnerships
If you are two or more people working together, you can create a SMart account for the group. The advantage is that the group’s activities are gathered in one place, you can bill with one sender, choose between paying a salary to colleagues or that your colleagues invoice SMart for their contribution. If there are different people who are part of the group from project to project then you have the advantage of having a SMart supervisor who knows the group’s administration.
Cultural projects without their own legal structure, like a not for profit association (ideell förening) or a company, can apply for public funding through SMart Productionhouse . The project receives a professionally managed administration supported by an advisor and can employ its project members.
SMart is a formal party in the application and has an organization number and handles administrative contact.
The applicant artist/ group stands for content and quality in the application and takes responsibility for the implementation of the project.
SMart Productionhouse takes responsibility for reporting the project’s finances according to the financier’s guidelines.
The applicant artist or group get a SMart advisor who supports and follows up if there are changes in the budget.
Register your project and contact your advisor if you want to submit an application in collaboration with SMart Productionhouse.
SMart offers a collection of simple tools for managing your assignments and projects. One of these is invoicing. We hire you and then you can bill your clients without having your own company.
Whether you make simple invoices or want to run more complex projects and collaborations with us, our staff checks that it is correct, in other words, that the administration is in line with current regulations.
When you have an assignment or project in progress, you indicate that you are going to work for SMart.
During the time you are employed by SMart, you are insured.
When the job is complete, SMart bills the client and pays your salary within one week- regardless of when your client pays the invoice.
SMart works for fair terms and conditions for our users and that agreements are made in advance. In addition, we have contract templates for different types of assignments and projects in Swedish and English. When SMart is invoicing, we also sign the agreements. It is always clear that it is the user who will perform the project or the assignment.
Do you want to work with a European contractor or partner? SMart solves VAT questions, exchange rates and we advise on work permits.
You can work in internationally while billing and getting your salary through SMart in Sweden
Europeans in your project can be paid in their home countries – with the tax, contract, etc. of the country in question.
When working through us, we can pay wages in most of the world’s countries.
Through the European SMart network and our founder Intercult, there is also the opportunity for knowledge and new contacts.
It costs nothing to register. Nor does it cost you if you do not charge anything. SMart only takes 6.5% of the invoiced amount. 2% of these go to a guarantee fund.
- Salary within one week and the possibility of advances on granted funding
- A supervisor who answers your questions
- A collection of simple tools for budget, contract, billing and expenses to handle different types of assignments and projects
- An administrative basis for cooperation
- Opportunity to apply for public funding without your own legal structure such as an association or a company
- All administration gathered in one place
- Access to specialist knowledge about your industry and its special regulations
- Insurance specially designed for creative and cultural activities
- The entire administrative package of tax and VAT management according to current rules, accounting, accounting, financial statements and auditing
- Help with international assignments and projects
- SMart reinvests all profits in the business and develops new tools in consultation with our users.